Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Why I do what I do

Sometimes we are all filled with self doubt. Am I right?
When I'm being negative, I think, why am I creating all this art? It just hangs on walls or collects dust.... sometimes I really do think that.
But then, I hear the stories from the people who buy my art and hang it on their walls. The father who is away overseas fighting for our country who buys my book and art for his little girl to show her how much he loves and misses her, the women who need a reminder to start living their dreams so they buy my art that has inspirational quotes, the little girls who just love unicorns and love to look at them on their walls....
Then I know why I'm doing this everyday.
To quote one of my favorite artists again
"The meaning of life is to find your gift. The purpose of life is to give it away."
~ Pablo Picasso


1 comment:

  1. So true & what a great quote from Picasso!
    It reminds a little of another favorite quote of mine by Hunter S. Thompson-
    “Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
    A little more broad but still applicable to the creative life!

    -Laurie Anne
    http://artfulbitsandbytes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete